Diversity and Inclusion Advisor
Jul 28, 2020
Organisation: The Royal Melbourne Hospital
Type of opportunity: Job
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Application closing date: As soon as suitable candidate is found
About the organisation:
The Royal Melbourne Hospital is one of Victoria’s largest public health services, employing over 10,000 staff and managing over 1,400 beds. We provide comprehensive acute, sub-acute, general, specialist medical and mental health services through both inpatient and community based facilities. The Royal Melbourne Hospital provides services to the culturally diverse communities of northern and western metropolitan Melbourne, as well as providing general and specialist services to regional and rural Victorians as a tertiary referral service.
About the opportunity:
The People and Culture department plays a key role in the strategic development, implementation and expansion of the organisation’s diversity and inclusion program. This role will help deliver on this agenda.The Diversity and Inclusion Advisor position will work closely with the Director P&C Systems and Service Improvement to support a range of People and Culture driven initiatives. The Diversity and Inclusion Advisor will contribute to key projects related to gender equality, disability employment and reconciliation, and help broaden the scope of the diversity and inclusion agenda across new areas.
- Strong knowledge of diversity and inclusion issues and ability to apply these in an organisational context.
- Demonstrable personal commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and human rights.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to present high-quality information in a clear and succinct manner aimed at the target audience.
- Strong analysis and data manipulation skills to assist in “getting into the detail” to understand Diversity challenges
- Highly developed planning and organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise projects and work within timeframes to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate sensitively and respectfully with a range of internal and external stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to present a strong case to gain support for initiatives.
- Conceptual and analytical skills and the ability to resolve issues to achieve agreed outcomes and identify and advise on issues and improvements.
- Degree qualified or equivalent alternate combination of knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Strong team player with the ability to work effectively with a range of people to achieve positive outcomes.
- Motivated self-starter possessing initiative and ability to work independently.
Don't miss an opportunity.
Join the Young Opps community to receive purpose driven, early-career opportunities and tips straight to your inbox.