Head of People and Culture
Jul 28, 2020
Organisation: Australian Conservation Foundation
Type of opportunity: Job
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Application closing date: 3 August 2020
About the organisation:
The Australian Conservation Foundation is Australia’s national environment organisation - over 700,000 people creating a world where forests, rivers, people and wildlife thrive. For more than 50 years, they've been protecting the web of life across our continent, from the Kimberley to the Reef and down the Great Dividing Range to Tasmania’s forests. They bring together people from the community, government and business. Their supporters advocate against pollution and destruction, and for our living world. They hold decision-makers to account, champion big ideas and find common ground with unlikely partners.
About the opportunity:
The Head of People and Culture leads ACF’s people and culture team and program. They drive a positive and constructive organisational culture; enable a highly productive, energetic, diverse and happy workforce; and lead all human resource services, practices, policies and programs. Performance of the Head of People and Culture will be evaluated through regular performance conversations and reviews to be conducted by the CEO and assessed against agreed indicators, including:
- delivery of agreed programs and targets in ACF plans
- ACF Executive Team and staff feedback on People and Culture team performance
- team innovation, efficiency and culture
- Experienced at driving high performing people and teams, including remote teams
- Empowers people through authenticity, trust, support and accountability
- Strong HR knowledge, including culture, recruitment, strength-based development, IR, OH&S and building diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and judgement while caring for and working well with people
- Embraces ACF’s goal of delivering a better world where forests, rivers, people and wildlife thrive
Don't miss an opportunity.
Join the Young Opps community to receive purpose driven, early-career opportunities and tips straight to your inbox.